If your Instagram search history is full of accounts and hashtags that you no longer want to see, here’s how to delete Instagram history on your computer, Android or iPhone.
Privacy is a very important part of every person’s life. Especially now, in the 21st century, where information is easily accessible and sometimes difficult to protect from strangers. Your search history can tell you a lot about you. For this reason, we recommend that you clean your browsing history regularly. This applies to both web browsers and social media such as Instagram. Even if you don’t feel the need to regularly delete your browsing history, you may just want to remove searches, accounts and hashtags that no longer interest you.
Here are the steps you need to take to clear your Instagram search history:
On your computer or laptop:
- Start your web browser and go to the Instagram website
- Log in to your account
- Tap the human icon to go to your profile
- Click Edit profile
- Select the Privacy and Security tab and go to Account Information
- Select the Search History tab and click Clear Search History
On an Android or iOS mobile device:
- Start the Instagram application
- Tap the human icon in the lower right corner to go to your profile
- Touch the three lines in the top right corner of the screen
- Select the setting option you will find at the bottom of the screen
- Go to the Privacy and Security tab
- At the bottom you will find the Clear search history option
This is all you need to do to delete your search history on your Instagram account. If you now go to the search section by tapping the magnifying glass icon, you will notice that your previous searches have been deleted.
Please note that your new searches will continue to appear in your search history. If you want to delete them, you need to clear your search history again.